Monday, July 13, 2009

A couple of more little jobs done

I thought it was about time I got round to fixing a small water leak that my GT6 has had since the 2008 Round Britain Reliability Run.
It has needed topping up every 200 miles or so but has been getting steadily worse and almost not getting me home from the last Pendle and Pennine Club Triumph meeting.

I changed the water pump about a month ago thinking that the leak was from the water pump seal, as it happens I was close it was actually coming from the water pump to cylinder head joint. The repair was as simple as popping off the water pump and fitting a new gasket.

While I was at it I also fitted a new powder coated aluminum radiator shroud sourced from ebay and well worth the £28 + postage as it must be forcing more air through the radiator as the water temperature has dropped on the gauge to sit between 1/3 and 1/2 of the needle sweep even during the recent hot weather!
SNC00069 (Medium).jpg

I also managed to break my front number plate which was mounted far too low on the front spoiler so as not to restrict the airflow through the grille to the radiator. Belive it or not on the step up and ramp into the garage in the background. I usually put a couple of thin planks down to help lift the front of the car over the lip into the garage. That will teach me not to be so lazy next time................................................


So now it looks like this, I do think it is very difficult to get the front number plate looking right on the spitfire & GT6 but that seems to be the best I have had it so far


No comments: